Asked by: Jinxia Rotinasked in category: General Last Updated: 15th April, 2020
What cheeses go best together?
- Parmesan. PIN IT.
- Sharp Cheddar. PIN IT.
- White Cheddar. PIN IT.
- Smoked Gouda. PIN IT.
- Fontina. PIN IT.
- Gruyère. Gruyère cheese has the most amazing nutty flavor.
- Gorgonzola. PIN IT.
- Parmigiano Reggiano.
Also, what cheeses work well together?
A few basic pairing suggestions are:
- Champagne or sparkling wine | Brie or Camembert.
- Chardonnay | Mature cheddar, Emmenthaler, Parmesan or ricotta.
- Sauvignon Blanc | Goat cheese (such as chévre), Brie, mild cheddar, mozzarella or feta.
- Cabernet Sauvignon | Camembert, mature cheddar, blue cheese or cream cheese.
One may also ask, what cheeses go well with gouda? Gouda pairs well with brown ales or amber ales, which have a nutty, caramel flavor. Aged Gouda goes well with a stronger and maltier doppelbock, Belgium dubbel or a stout with roasted coffee and chocolate flavor. Smoked Gouda is a good pairing with Bock beer which has a strong toasted flavor or a smoked porter.
Similarly, what cheeses go well with cheddar?
- Gruyere. Named after a village in Switzerland, gruyere is a semi-hard cheese made from cow's milk.
- Monterey Jack. Also made from cow's milk, Monterey Jack is a semi-hard cheese.
- Parmesan. Made from skim cow's milk, Parmesan cheese is a dry, hard, Italian cheese.
- Smoked Gouda. Smoked gouda is a cheese made from cow's milk.
Do cheddar and mozzarella go well together?
A mix of cheddar and mozzarella gives the ideal combination of texture and flavour, scientists reveal. Hungry diners may argue about pizza toppings, but most people agree the cheese on their pizza should look golden, taste great and have just the right amount of elasticity.