Asked by: Deane Aretxabaletaasked in category: General Last Updated: 23rd June, 2020
What causes jitteriness after eating?
Subsequently, one may also ask, what should I eat if I feel jittery?
Eat or drink a quickly digested carbohydrate food, such as:
- ½ cup fruit juice.
- ½ cup of a regular soft drink (not a diet soda)
- 1 cup of milk.
- 5 or 6 hard candies.
- 4 or 5 saltine crackers.
- 2 tablespoons of raisins.
- 3 to 4 teaspoons of sugar or honey.
- 3 or 4 glucose tablets or a serving of glucose gel.
Secondly, why do I crash after eating? Many people feel sleepy after eating. This can be a natural result of digestion patterns and sleep cycles. Some types of foods and the timing of meals can also make people feel especially tired after a meal. A decrease in energy levels after eating is called postprandial somnolence.
Similarly one may ask, what causes weakness after eating?
Mental stress, lack of adequate sleep and anxiety can cause weakness in spite of eating well. Chronic constipation tends to create dullness and feeling of weakness. Among disease conditions, uncontrolled diabetes is the most common cause for a person to lose weight and feel weak, in spite of even increased appetite.
How do I stop being jittery?
Here are a few ways to get rid of caffeine jitters quickly:
- Water. An effective way to get rid of your jitters is to flush out your system with water.
- Exercise. You just crossed the caffeine line, which probably means you can't sit still.
- Wait it out.
- Sip on some herbal tea.
- Amp up your Vitamin C game.