Asked by: Dot Urosaasked in category: General Last Updated: 10th April, 2020
What can you do with an old home intercom system?
- Have it removed. If you don't want the intercom system in the house whatsoever, call a professional it have it removed from the home.
- You can simply conceal it.
- Repair it for use.
- Upgrade it with modern technology.
- Replace it.
Click to see full answer.
Herein, how do you cover an old intercom system?
Hooray. There you have it: Three easy ideas for disguising an old intercom system.
- Frame larger than item to be disguised.
- Furring strip.
- Measuring tape and level.
- Miter saw.
- Finishing nails and hammer.
- Caulk and paint.
Likewise, are intercoms still used? Today, several companies sell front door video intercom systems, so you can answer the door without opening the door. If you really want to get your hands on a house intercom, you still can. NuTone continues to make them.
Similarly, you may ask, how do you replace a home intercom system?
Here are three ideas:
- Remove It. Intercom systems come in several types.
- Conceal It. If you're not comfortable removing the unit yourself, you can try to conceal it.
- Upgrade It. If your intercom system is broken, then it's probably not cost effective to have it repaired and it will need to be upgraded.
How much does it cost to fix intercom system?
Pricing starts as low as $150 for a one-way, single camera intercom with two consoles installed in offices near the entryway being monitored. Add another $200 to $300 for installation. As camera quality improves, the price goes up.