Asked by: Idoia Hubertiasked in category: General Last Updated: 13th February, 2020
What can I take for nausea and vomiting while pregnant?
Click to see full answer.
Moreover, what can a pregnant woman take for nausea?
Suggested Snacks to Eat
- Lemons (Eat them, suck on them, or sniff them.)
- Ginger (ginger ale soda, ginger tea, ginger jam on toast, ginger snaps)
- Peppermint tea.
- Flavored popsicles.
One may also ask, what is the best anti nausea medication for pregnancy? Typically, the most common anti-emetic drugs used for HG are:
- Antihistamines - Cyclizine and Promethazine. Brand names for these antihistamines are:
- Prochlorperazine (Stemetil)
- Metoclopramide (Maxolon)
- Ondansetron (Zofran)
- Domperidone (Motilium)
- Corticosteroids (Prednisolone)
- Therapeutic Termination.
Regarding this, how can I get rid of nausea during pregnancy?
Home or natural remedies
- Avoiding foods and smells that trigger your nausea.
- Keeping soda crackers by your bed and eating a couple before getting up.
- Eating smaller meals more frequently throughout the day instead of three big meals.
- Drinking less water/fluids with your meals, and instead, drink them between meals.
What gets rid of nausea fast?
Many nausea remedies don't necessarily cure the condition, but they may help you feel more comfortable.
- Sit up and avoid crunching the stomach.
- Open a window or sit in front of a fan.
- Apply a cool compress.
- Apply pressure.
- Meditate or take deep breaths.
- Shift your focus.
- Stay hydrated.
- Opt for chamomile tea.