Asked by: Anelia Amselasked in category: General Last Updated: 27th April, 2020
What can I make in my steamer?
- Dumplings. Almost every cuisine in the world has some variety of dumpling, and they are exceptional food to prepare in the steamer.
- Fish and Seafood.
- Rice and Grains.
- Eggs and Custards.
- Meat and Poultry.
- Frittata and Quiche.
Click to see full answer.
Subsequently, one may also ask, what can I cook in a 3 tier steamer?
3 Tier Steamer Recipes
- Steamed Asian Dumplings - Step-by-step tutorial plus video link to making these delicious dumplings.
- Chinese Steamed Spareribs with Black Bean Sauce.
- Shrimp Scampi Foil Packets.
- Steamed Vegetable Dumplings.
- Steamed Shrimp.
- Chinese Steamed Chicken.
- Steam-Grilled Surf and Turf Recipe.
- Steamed vegetables with flavoured butters.
Furthermore, what meats can you steam? All types of meat are suitable for steaming including seafood such as crab legs, lobster and shrimp, poultry and red meat such as beef and lamb. Choose smaller and thinner cuts of meat to allow them to steam-cooked faster. Some cuts of meat may have a label stating that they are "USDA-Certified Tender or Very Tender."
Subsequently, one may also ask, what are the best foods to steam?
You can steam a wide variety of foods, including vegetables, chicken, and shellfish. For added flavor, steam food on a bed of herbs, scallions, lemon slices, or greens. Leafy greens -- such as spinach or mustard greens -- and shellfish, such as mussels and clams, are terrific possibilities for steaming.
How do you use a food steamer?
To use an electric vegetable steamer, place it on a flat, stable surface and fill the reservoir with fresh, cool water. Then, cut your vegetables into equal-sized pieces and place them in the basket. Next, turn the steamer on and set the timer according to the instructions in your user manual.