Asked by: Dilyana Mahiaasked in category: General Last Updated: 11th March, 2020
What books can a 6 year old read?
- The Iron Man. by Ted Hughes.
- The Night Fairy. by Laura Amy Schlitz.
- The Barefoot Book of Stories from the Opera. by Shahrukh Husain.
- The Magic Tree House series (40+ books) by Mary Pope Osborne.
- The Moomin series (9+) by Tove Jansson.
- The Book of Dragons. by E.
- The Secret Seven series (15)
- Hiccup: How To Train Your Dragon.
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, what books should my 7 year old be reading?
For the very best classic books for 7-year-olds, just check out the list below.
- The Chronicles of Narnia. C. S. Lewis.
- Roald Dahl Collection. Roald Dahl.
- The Famous Five Series. Enid Blyton.
- The Hodgeheg. Dick King-Smith.
- Pippi Longstocking. Astrid Lindgren.
- The Hobbit. J. R. R. Tolkien.
- The Worst Witch. Jill Murphy.
- Charlotte's Web.
Furthermore, what books should every child read? The 50 books every child should read
- Charlie and The Chocolate Factory- Roald Dahl.
- Alice in Wonderland- Lewis Carroll.
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe- C.S. Lewis.
- Winnie The Pooh- A.A.Milne.
- Black Beauty- Anna Sewell.
- James and The Giant Peach- Roald Dahl.
- The BFG-Roald Dahl.
- A Bear Called Paddington- Michael Bond.
Beside above, can I read Harry Potter to my 6 year old?
If you read the books aloud to your kids, starting around 5 or 6, and you don't power through them really fast, they'll be older by the time you get to the really scary stuff. The first books have some mischief and of course the fact that Harry's parents were killed. It really inspired his love of reading.
How do I get my 6 year old to read?
Activities with Short, Easy Reader Books
- Book choice. Let your child choose their own books.
- Tracking. Follow the words you or your child reads with a finger or reading pointer.
- Reread. Children gain confidence and skill by reading familiar books more than once.
- Take turns.
- Background knowledge.
- Add in tech.