Asked by: Basilia Mitterholzerasked in category: General Last Updated: 2nd March, 2020
What blood tests should you get annually?
Click to see full answer.
Moreover, what is checked in routine blood tests?
A routine complete blood count (CBC) test checks for levels of 10 different components of every major cell in your blood: white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets. Important components measured by this test include red blood cell count, hemoglobin, and hematocrit.
Beside above, what tests should a woman have every year? Tests you need in your 20s and 30s
- Pelvic exam and Pap smear. Regardless of sexual history, women aged 21 and older should have a Pap smear every three years.
- Screening for breast cancer.
- Physical exam.
- Cholesterol test.
- Blood pressure screening.
- Eye exam.
- Dental exam.
Also to know, what is the best blood test for overall health?
Here are the 10 most important blood tests for determining your health status.
- Complete Metabolic and Lipid Panel. This is the test you might receive at an annual physical.
- Vitamin D-25 Hydroxy.
- Hemoglobin A1C.
- C-reactive protein.
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone.
- Testosterone (free testosterone)
Why do I need a repeat blood test?
If a doctor asks you to have a repeat test it is usually because: The result was borderline or equivocal – so the doctor wants another sample to monitor the situation or to re-check. The result is abnormal – and the doctor is unable to interpret the result without further tests so has asked you to come in for more test