Asked by: Yanhong Birdasked in category: General Last Updated: 27th January, 2020
What are the uses of colloids in our daily life?
- Purification of water. Water contains colloidalimpurities .
- Food Items. Large numbers of food articles which we usein our daily life are colloidal in nature.
- Smoke Precipitation using Cottrell precipitator.
- Sewage disposal.
- Artificial rain.
Accordingly, what are the uses of colloids?
Commercial Applications of Colloid
- A colloid is used as thickening agents in industrial productssuch as lubricants, lotions, toothpaste, coatings, etc.
- In the manufacture of paints and inks, colloids areuseful.
Furthermore, what are 5 examples of suspensions? Ans: Common examples of suspension include themixture of chalk and water, muddy water, the mixture of flour andwater, a mixture of dust particles and air, fog, milk of magnesia,etc.
In this way, what are 5 examples of colloids?
Colloids are common in everyday life. Someexamples include whipped cream, mayonnaise, milk, butter,gelatin, jelly, muddy water, plaster, colored glass, and paper.Every colloid consists of two parts: colloidalparticles and the dispersing medium.
What is a colloid easy definition?
Definition: A colloid is a substancemicroscopically dispersed evenly throughout another substance. Thedispersed-phase particles have a diameter between about 5 and 200nanometers. Examples: Milk is an emulsion, which is acolloid in which both parties are liquids.