Asked by: Jianwu Ferrinhaasked in category: General Last Updated: 10th April, 2020
What are the properties of XMLHttpRequest?
|readyState||Holds the status of the XMLHttpRequest. Changes from 0 to 4: 0: request not initialized 1: server connection established 2: request received 3: processing request 4: request finished and response is ready|
|responseText||Returns the response data as a string|
Then, what are the properties of XMLHttpRequest object?
Properties of XMLHttpRequest object
- 0 UNOPENED open() is not called.
- 1 OPENED open is called but send() is not called.
- 2 HEADERS_RECEIVED send() is called, and headers and status are available.
- 3 LOADING Downloading data; responseText holds the data.
- 4 DONE The operation is completed fully.
Similarly, you may ask, how do you define XMLHttpRequest?
What can I use instead of XMLHttpRequest?
Fetch API - Replacement for XMLHttpRequest (XHR) The Fetch API allows you to make network requests similar to XMLHttpRequest (XHR). The main difference is that the Fetch API uses Promises, which enables a simpler and cleaner API, avoiding callback hell and having to remember the complex API of XMLHttpRequest.