Asked by: Marci Breidensteinasked in category: General Last Updated: 26th January, 2020
What are the most common time wasters?
- Constantly checking your emails.
- Not automating your social media accounts.
- Bulky to-do-lists.
- Being a perfectionist.
- Unnecessary meetings.
- Saying "Yes."
- Postponing harder tasks.
Also know, what are three common time wasters?
The 3 Common Time Wasters at Work (Infographic)
- Chatting with co-workers. In a research done by trackvia.com, chatting with co-workers takes up most of the wasted time at work.
- Non-work related Internet surfing.
- Useless meetings.
- 9 Comments.
Furthermore, which four things can be classified as time wasters? From my executive coaching conversations, here are the top five time wasters and ways to counteract them:
- Superfluous meetings, emails.
- Unnecessary interruptions.
- Unimportant tasks.
- Delegation avoidance.
Herein, what are your main time wasters at work?
Between email, Slack, text messages, social notifications, mobile alerts, and loud colleagues, we're constantly bombarded with potential time wasters. A UC Irvine study revealed that, on average, office workers are interrupted every 11 minutes.
What are the time wasters and how do you overcome them?
Eliminate Time Wasters
- Root out procrastination. This may be the worst time waster of all.
- Know what must come next. Prioritize, prioritize, prioritize.
- Limit your meetings.
- Give your people time to be strategic enablers of business.
- Eliminate distractions.
- Embrace work/life balance.