Asked by: Yunaida Petershofenasked in category: General Last Updated: 25th June, 2020
What are the different types of motion with which a follower can move?
- Cam follower systems are designed to achieve a desired oscillatory motion.
- Some of the standard follower motions are as follows:
- They are, follower motion with,
- (a) Uniform velocity.
- (b) Modified uniform velocity.
- (c) Uniform acceleration and deceleration.
- (d) Simple harmonic motion.
- (e) Cycloidal motion.
Click to see full answer.
Beside this, what are the motion of the follower?
As the cam rotates, the follower rises and falls in a process known as reciprocating motion. The motion of the follower is restricted to a pre-determined pattern by a guide. The follower maintains contact with the cam through the force of gravity or by a spring.
Also, what are the three types of CAM? They are:
- Plate or disk cams: Plate or disk cams are the simplest and most common type of cam. A plate cam is illustrated in figure 3 (a).
- Cylindrical or drum cam: A cylindrical or drum cam is illustrated in figure 3 (b). This type of cam is formed on a cylinder.
- Linear cam: A linear cam is illustrated in figure 3 (c).
Subsequently, one may also ask, what type of motion does the cam move in?
What are types of CAM?
Types Of Cams Linear motion is a motion along a straight line path, such as a bicycle. Cylindrical Cams These are often used in machine- tools and the cam imparts an oscillation or reciprocation to the follower in a plane parallel to the axis of the cam. ( see examples g and h above)