Asked by: Kseniia Gopfarthasked in category: General Last Updated: 14th May, 2020
What are the best trees for a front yard?
- Bloodgood Japanese Maple - Acer palmatum.
- Chaste Tree - Vitex agnus-castus.
- Weeping Cherry Prunus subhirtella 'Pendula Plena Rosea'
- Brandywine Maple - Acer rubrum.
Similarly, you may ask, where should I put trees in my front yard?
Small trees may be planted closer than 15 feet, but large trees should be planted 20 feet or more away from the house. If the house faces south, or southeast, maximum shade on the front will come from a tree that is placed to the southwest, or left front.
what are the best trees to plant around a pool? The best trees to plant around a pool include:
- Evergreens (arbor vitae, cypress, spruce)
- Holly and Magnolia (also evergreen)
- Olive trees (non fruit bearing)
- Succulents (cactus, stonecrop, leatherpetal)
Beside above, what can I plant in my front yard?
Good examples include catmint, Nepeta × faassenii; honeysuckle, Lonicera periclymenum; ivy, Hedera helix cultivars; and Aster novi-belgii. See RHS Plants for Pollinators for more ideas. Pots can be placed anywhere, allowing plants to be grown in areas of the front garden that don't have soil.
How can I make my front yard more private?
Here are some strategies for creating more privacy:
- Fences. Privacy settings for fences range from private (solid tongue-and-groove or board) to semi-private (slat, picket, spindle or lattice) to rather public (rail).
- Evergreen Hedges.
- Mixed Screen Plantings.
- Vertical Gardens.