Asked by: Delora Oyambideasked in category: General Last Updated: 22nd April, 2020
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the vertical jump test?
Beside this, is the vertical jump test reliable?
Validity and Reliability Vertical jump testing has been shown to be a valid and reliable measure of lower-body explosive power (5). Therefore, it is recommended that vertical jump heights measured using different protocols, and on different devices, are not used interchangeably .
Likewise, how do you complete the vertical jump test? Here's how:
- Stand with your side to a wall.
- With your feet flat on the ground, reach the arm closest to the wall as high as possible.
- Mark the highest spot you can reach.
- From the same standing position, jump and hit the wall at the highest point of your jump.
- Try three to five jumps and use your highest one.
In respect to this, what muscles does the vertical jump test use?
The vertical jump uses the muscles in your lower body, including the quads, hamstrings, glutes and calves. It also recruits the muscles in your core and upper body for power and stabilization.
What are the disadvantages of fitness testing?
Limitations of fitness testing:
- tests are often not sport specific/too general.
- they do not replicate movements of activity.
- they do not replicate competitive conditions required in sports.
- many do not use direct measuring/sub-maximal – therefore inaccurate/some need motivation/some have questionable reliability.