Asked by: Daoud Olschlagerasked in category: General Last Updated: 23rd May, 2020
What are sketch maps used for?
Click to see full answer.
Just so, why do we use sketch map?
Sketch maps are free hand maps drawn on blackboard or draw- ing pad to present geographc ideas and facts clearly and force- fully. Sketch mapping minimizes irrelevant detail and maximizes major geographic points. Thus such maps are the ultimate in geo- graphic simplification.
One may also ask, how do you draw a sketch map from an OS map? Rules for Sketch maps
- The Frame must be the same SHAPE as the OS map you are using.
- Draw FOUR lines for your frame.
- Always use pencils and colouring pencils.
- At the top of the page write what area the map is from.
- Always leave space for your Key.
- Keep your features to scale and in the right place.
Considering this, what is meant by a sketch map?
Definition of sketch map. : an outline map drawn from observation rather than from exact survey measurements and showing only the main features of the area.
What does map stand for?
minimum advertised price