Asked by: Chance Marquez De Pradoasked in category: General Last Updated: 10th April, 2020
Should you take a fiber supplement?
Then, what is the best fiber supplement to take?
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: NOW Psyllium Husk Powder at Amazon.
- Best Budget: Equate Daily Fiber Powder at Amazon.
- Best for Diarrhea: Heather's Tummy Fiber at Amazon.
- Best for Constipation: Garden of Life RAW Fiber for Constipation Relief at Amazon.
- Best for High Cholesterol: Benefiber Fiber Supplement at Amazon.
Similarly, what are the side effects of taking fiber supplements? Too much fiber can cause:
- abdominal pain.
- loose stools or diarrhea.
- temporary weight gain.
- intestinal blockage in people with Crohn's disease.
- reduced blood sugar levels, which is important to know if you have diabetes.
Herein, when should you take fiber supplements?
Your best bet: Take your meds either 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating fiber.
Can I take fiber with my vitamins?
If you choose to take supplements, taking fiber and iron together is a good idea because fiber can aid in the absorption of certain minerals such as iron. Taking a vitamin supplement at the same time is acceptable as long as the supplement does not also contain calcium.