Asked by: Mamta Czermakasked in category: General Last Updated: 30th January, 2020
Is quartz countertop worth the money?
Herein, what are the pros and cons of quartz countertops?
Pros and cons of quartz
- Quartz countertops are just as strong as granite but have the added benefit of being more flexible making them less likely to chip or crack.
- Quartz is non-porous and does not require any sealing - ever.
- While very durable they cannot be considered indestructible.
Additionally, what is the best countertop for your money? These are some of the most in-demand countertop materials on the market today, and for good reason:
- Quartz. Quartz has become popular with thanks to its durability and low maintenance.
- Solid Surfacing.
- Recycled Glass.
- Wooden Butcher Block.
Accordingly, what are the disadvantages of quartz countertops?
List of the Cons of Quartz Countertops
- Heat easily damages quartz countertops. Excessive heat will quickly damage a quartz countertop.
- They can be very expensive. Quartz countertops may cost upwards of $100 per square foot.
- Sink options are limited. Integrated sinks are not incorporated into a quartz countertop.
Do quartz countertops stain easily?
Quartz countertops are highly stain resistant, have a very low water absorption rate, and do not require sealing. However, approximately 7% of your quartz countertop is composed of petroleum based resin and pigments. Also, sodium hydroxide and permanent markers can permanently stain a quartz countertop.