Asked by: Kristian Steinmetzasked in category: General Last Updated: 28th February, 2020
Is oatmeal OK for someone with diverticulitis?
Subsequently, one may also ask, what can I eat for breakfast with diverticulitis?
Examples of low-fiber foods include:
- Canned or cooked fruits without skin or seeds.
- Canned or cooked vegetables such as green beans, carrots and potatoes (without the skin)
- Eggs, fish and poultry.
- Refined white bread.
- Fruit and vegetable juice with no pulp.
- Low-fiber cereals.
- Milk, yogurt and cheese.
Beside above, what laxatives are safe with diverticulitis? To treat your constipation, I suggest that you try a natural laxative e.g., fiber. Even though you are taking a high fiber diet, the addition of an agent like Metamucil often improves symptoms. One can also add Lactulose, another type of laxative, to the Metamucil.
Also know, what fruits should I avoid with diverticulitis?
- certain fruits, such as apples, pears, and plums.
- dairy foods, such as milk, yogurt, and ice cream.
- fermented foods, such as sauerkraut or kimchi.
- Brussels sprouts.
- onions and garlic.
Can I eat cheese with diverticulitis?
Low-fiber foods you may eat: Canned and well-cooked vegetables without skins or seeds and vegetable juice. Cow's milk, lactose-free milk, soy milk, and rice milk. Yogurt, cottage cheese, and sherbet. Eggs; poultry; fish; and tender, ground, and well-cooked beef.