Asked by: Masud Kadowalaasked in category: General Last Updated: 29th May, 2020
Is it legal to mine for gold in California?
People also ask, where can I pan for gold in California for free?
10 Free Gold Panning Areas in California
- Auburn State Recreation Area.
- Butte Recreation Area.
- Columbia State Historic Park.
- Keyesville Recreational Mining Area.
- Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park.
- Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park.
- Merced River.
- South Yuba River State Park.
Beside above, where was the most gold found in California? Klamath River The Klamath River was one of the richest sources of gold during the early days of the Californian gold rush. Gold was discovered on the river and on pretty much all its tributaries and creeks throughout Siskiyou County.
Accordingly, where can I hunt for gold in California?
10Best: Places to pan for California gold
- Happy Camp, Siskiyou Wilderness. This tiny town near the Oregon boundary offers a great base for panning the Klamath, Trinity and Salmon rivers. “
- Grass Valley and Nevada City.
- Angels Camp.
Do you need a permit to mine gold?
You do not need a permit for recreational gold panning on BLM or Forest Service land, as long as you follow the regulations stated above. However, recreational dredging on any stream requires a permit from the Utah Division of Water Rights.