Asked by: Sixta Vazhnichyasked in category: General Last Updated: 21st May, 2020
How many yards of fabric does it take to make a pillowcase?
People also ask, how much fabric do I need to make 2 pillowcases?
- Travel Size (12x16-inch) Pillowcase: 24x25 inches (3/4 yard of 45-inch-wide fabric makes 2)
- Standard Size (20x26-inch) Pillowcase: 40x40 inches (1 1/4 yards of 45-inch-wide fabric)
- Queen Size (20x30-inch) Pillowcase: 40x44 inches (1 1/4 yards of 45-inch-wide fabric)
Subsequently, question is, how do you make a pillowcase? To make a pillowcase, start by cutting out a piece of fabric that's 45 inches by 36 inches. Then, fold the fabric in half lengthwise so the back of the fabric is facing out. Next, use a sewing machine or a threaded needle to stitch the long side and one of the short sides.
Thereof, how many yards of fabric do I need for a 22x22 pillow?
Sewing For Dummies, 3rd Edition
|Dimensions (Length by Width)||Amount of Fabric Needed for 1 Pillow Cover (Using 54-inch Wide Fabric with No Pattern Matching)|
|16 x 16 inches||1/2 yard|
|18 x 18 inches||5/8 yard|
|20 x 20 inches||3/4 yard|
|30 x 30 inches||1 yard|
How do I calculate how much fabric I need?
Figure out how much fabric you need with this formula:
- Width of fabric divided by width of one piece equals the number of pieces that fit into width (rounded down to the whole number).
- Total number of pieces divided by number of pieces that fit into width equals number of rows you need.