Asked by: Evgeni Vybornyasked in category: General Last Updated: 7th February, 2020
How many major categories of handwriting characteristics are there?
Also to know is, what are the three major categories that the 12 characteristics of handwriting fall under?
Handwriting experts examine 12 major categories of exemplars. These are functions of letter form, line form, and formatting. Letter form includes the shape of letters, curve of letters, the angle or slant of letter, proportional size of letters, and the use and appearance of connecting lines between letters.
Also Know, what are the 3 types of handwriting forgery? Types of forgery
- Archaeological forgery.
- Art forgery.
- Black propaganda — false information and material that purports to be from a source on one side of a conflict, but is actually from the opposing side.
- False documents.
- Forgery as covert operation.
- Identity document forgery.
- Literary forgery.
Correspondingly, what are the 12 major characteristics of handwriting?
The 12 characteristics of handwriting
- Line quality. Do the lines flow or are they shaky and irregular?
- Word and letter spacing. Are the letters and words equally spaced out, or are they bunched together?
- Size consistency.
- Pen lifts.
- Connecting strokes.
- Letters complete.
- Cursive and printed letters.
- Pen pressure.
What are the three basic steps in handwriting analysis?
There are three basic steps in the process of analyzing a handwriting sample. First, the questioned document and the standards (exemplars) are exam- ined and detectable characteristics are recorded. Obtaining a standard may require a suspected author to write a sample for the investigators under supervision.