Asked by: Roumen Dressendorferasked in category: General Last Updated: 5th June, 2020
How do you winterize a center console boat?
- Remove the Boat and Drain Thoroughly. One of the first things you should do to winterize your boat is to get it out of the water and make sure it is fully drained.
- Remove Smaller Parts and Items.
- Washing, Detailing, and Polishing.
- Add Fuel Stabilizer.
- Shrink Wrap Your Boat.
- Superior Fishing Boats for Any Season.
Likewise, people ask, how do you winterize a boat?
How to Winterize Different Boat Engines
- Fog the engine.
- Change the oil.
- Fill the engine block with antifreeze.
- Top off the fuel tank and stabilize the fuel.
- Drain the freshwater tank and water lines and protect them with antifreeze.
- Sanitation Systems.
is winterizing a boat necessary? If you plan to use your boat year-round, and you live in a place where the temperature dips below freezing occasionally, you should winterize systems such as the water holding tank, showers, livewells, faucets and the head system — if your boat has them — and don't use them during winter.
Also to know is, how do you winterize a Tige boat?
Be Wise - Winterize!
- Fill 'Er Up.
- Protect Your Engine.
- Use the Right Antifreeze.
- Remove Your Battery, Electronics and Safety DevicesIf you are planning on storing your boat out of the water, disconnect the battery and store it at home for easier maintenance and better protection against theft.
- Check Your Prop.
- Clean, Clean, Clean Your Boat.
How do you winterize a boat with an outboard motor?
winterizing outboard motor with Boat on the Trailer.
- Pour stabilizer into the gas tank.
- Remove air box cover.
- Put ear muffs on the lower unit.
- Spray fogging oil into engine.
- Drain lower unit lube.
- Fill lower unit with new lube.
- Check, fill, and charge battery.