Asked by: Wilmer Chatelainasked in category: General Last Updated: 6th June, 2020
How do you use impressment in a sentence?
- Impressment is commonly employed to fill the ranks, and in cases of emergency the prison population is drawn upon for recruits.
- He constantly protested against flogging in the army, the impressment of sailors and imprisonment for debt.
Then, what impressment means?
Impressment, colloquially "the press" or the "press gang", is the taking of men into a military or naval force by compulsion, with or without notice. Navies of several nations used forced recruitment by various means.
Similarly, is impressment a verb? verb (used with object), im·pressed or (Archaic) im·prest; im·pres·sing. to press or force into public service, as sailors. to seize or take for public use. to take or persuade into service by forceful arguments: The neighbors were impressed into helping the family move.
Just so, how do you use alien in a sentence?
alien Sentence Examples
- His face looked pale and he rode with an alien stiffness.
- On the 5th of March 1440-1441, the king endowed the college out of alien priories with some scpc, a year, almost exactly the amount of the original endowment of Winchester.
How do you use isolationism in a sentence?
isolationism in a sentence
- The growing isolationism in Washington is not helping matters, either.
- For more than 100 years, isolationism ruled American foreign policy.
- Is any kind of isolationism possible in a multinational these days?
- Dennis said, " but not his isolationism ."
- A return to classic isolationism in the United States is unlikely.