Asked by: Shakuntala Carballaresasked in category: General Last Updated: 15th February, 2020
How do you turn a lawn mower on?
- Prepare to start the lawnmower. Move the lawnmower to an open, grassy area.
- Make sure your mower has gas and oil. If your mower has a 4-stroke engine, you can check the oil by opening the oil fill cap or dipstick.
- Check the spark plug.
- Prime the carburetor.
- Open the throttle.
- Pull the starter cord.
Click to see full answer.
Besides, how do you turn off a lawn mower?
If you stop the supply of fuel with the throttle, the lawn mower will stop.
- Stop pushing the lawn mower. Make sure you are standing still and the mower is on level ground.
- Pull the throttle to the "Stop" position.
- Locate the spark plug wire on the lawn mower. It should travel from the throttle to the motor.
Secondly, how do you start a lawn mower after winter? To get the mower started, you may have to change the gas and clean or change the plug.
- Check the oil before you start a four-cycle mower that has been sitting for a long time.
- Prime the engine by pushing the priming bulb three times.
- Give the spark plug wire a little tug to see if it's loose.
In respect to this, what side do you turn a lawnmower on?
If your lawnmower is four stroke (which it is), tip the mower so that the spark plug is pointing skyward, never tip it on its side with the spark plug to the ground. I cannot work out on which side to tip my lawnmower.
How do you start a self propelled lawn mower?
How to Start Self Propelled Lawn Mowers
- Check the gas reservoir, and add gas if necessary.
- Check the oil level, and add oil if necessary.
- Locate the primer bulb on your mower.
- If your mower has a speed lever, slide the lever to the highest speed.
- Grasp the mower handle, and depress the dead-man lever.