Asked by: Licer Hasparrenasked in category: General Last Updated: 21st June, 2020
How do you treat bursitis of the scapula?
- Resting your shoulder. This allows the bursa to heal.
- Prescription or over-the-counter pain medicines. These help reduce inflammation, pain, and swelling.
- Cold packs or heat packs. These help reduce pain and swelling.
- Physical therapy.
- Injections of medicine into the bursa.
Besides, how is Scapulothoracic bursitis treated?
- Rest and ice the affected area.
- Avoid direct pressure to the affected area.
- Take anti-inflammatories to stop swelling.
- Talk to your physician about a corticosteroid injection.
- Do range-of-motion exercises every day to prevent stiffness.
Secondly, how long does it take for a bursitis to go away? Treating bursitis The pain usually improves within a few weeks, but the swelling may take longer to completely disappear. Read more about treating bursitis. See your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after two weeks.
what is bursitis of the scapula?
Scapulothoracic Bursitis is a medical term for the condition which causes pain in the region of the scapula in the back of the shoulder. The bursa is a normal lubricating tissue which acts to allow the scapula to glide with low friction smoothly over the ribs with normal shoulder motion (Fig. 1).
How do I get rid of bursitis in my shoulder?
At-home shoulder bursitis treatment
- Rest the shoulder. Avoiding activities that you know tend to worsen symptoms can help to reduce your symptoms.
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever.
- Apply an ice pack to the affected area.
- Wear a shoulder brace.
- Perform gentle stretching activities.