Asked by: Ramia Kuerstenasked in category: General Last Updated: 22nd June, 2020
How do you teach long division with 2 digit divisors?
Click to see full answer.
In this way, how do you do long division with 2 digit divisors?
Divide the first number of the dividend (or the two first numbers if the previous step took another digit) by the first digit of the divisor. Write the result of this division in the space of the quotient. Multiply the digit of the quotient by the divisor, write the result beneath the dividend and subtract it.
One may also ask, how do you do long division step by step? Steps
- Set up the equation. On a piece of paper, write the dividend (number being divided) on the right, under the division symbol, and the divisor (number doing the division) to the left on the outside.
- Divide the first digit.
- Divide the first two digits.
- Enter the first digit of the quotient.
In this regard, how do you teach division with two digit divisors?
Part 1 Dividing by a Two-Digit Number
- Look at the first digit of the larger number.
- Look at the first two digits.
- Use a little guesswork.
- Write the answer above the last digit you used.
- Multiply your answer by the smaller number.
- Subtract the two numbers.
- Bring down the next digit.
- Solve the next division problem.
How do you divide 4 digit by 2 digit numbers?
Divide a 4-Digit Number by a 2-Digit Number
- Place the divisor (47) before the division bracket and place the dividend (3654) under it.
- Examine the first two digits of the dividend (36).
- Multiply the 7 by 47 and place the result (329) below the 365 of the dividend.