Asked by: Cherryl Steindelasked in category: General Last Updated: 14th January, 2020
How do you take the shift lock off a Nissan Altima?
- Push the ignition switch to the LOCK position.
- Apply the parking brake.
- Using a protective cloth on the tip of a 3 mm screwdriver, remove the shift lock release cover.
- Insert the small screwdriver in the shift lock release slot and push down.
Regarding this, how do I take the shift lock off my car?
How to Release a STUCK Shift Lock Release
- Engage the emergency brake / parking brake.
- Find the shift lock override slot.
- Insert a key, nail file, or screwdriver into the slot.
- Press the brake pedal while you are pressing down on the override,
- Shift gears as you normally would.
Also Know, where is the shift lock override button? 3) Locate the shift lock override slot located on the shifter console near the shifter lever. Normally, the slot is plugged with a small plastic cap. Remove the cap. 4) Insert a small screwdriver, nail file, key or similarly shaped object into the override slot, push down and hold.
Also to know, how do you turn off shift lock on a Nissan?
Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position and remove the key 2. Apply the parking brake. 3. Remove the shift lock release cover as shown.
Why won't my car let me shift out of park?
One such problem is a shifter that will not come out of the park position. The most common cause is the brake/shift interlock, discussed in the next section. Another cause is too much force applied by the park gear. Parking on an incline may cause our shifter to stick in the park position.