Asked by: Jacomar Donnachieasked in category: General Last Updated: 25th June, 2020
How do you take care of a Purple Heart Wandering Jew?
- Plant Feed. Apply a balanced liquid fertilizer monthly.
- Watering. Allow soil to dry between thorough waterings.
- Soil. Fertile, well-drained soil.
- Basic Care Summary. Very easy to grow in virtually any location. Best in fertile, well-drained soil. Allow soil to dry between thorough waterings.
Keeping this in view, how do you take care of a purple heart plant?
- Plant purple heart in a container filled with commercial potting soil.
- Place the container in full sun or partial shade.
- Fertilize the plant monthly, using a general-purpose liquid fertilizer for indoor plants.
- Pinch the growing tips of the plant to create a bushy, compact plant.
Also Know, how often do you water a wandering Jew? Water Requirements If the soil is dry down to one-half inch or more, water just enough so that the soil isn't soggy and drains freely into the drip pan. Water more frequently during periods of growth, which is usually early spring, and water only when the soil is completely dry during the dormant season.
Likewise, people ask, how often should you water a purple heart plant?
Seasonal Watering During times of extreme heat or drought, increase watering to twice weekly if the soil is drying out faster than normal. Reduce watering to once every two weeks in winter and provide no water during rainy weather. Pot-grown purple hearts should also be watered whenever the soil dries on the surface.
Will Purple Heart root in water?
Purple heart cuttings can be quite simply placed into moist soil, like geranium cuttings, or one can root them in water first and then carefully plant, you decide!