Asked by: Robertina Cupidoasked in category: General Last Updated: 27th January, 2020
How do you start a Stihl HL 45 hedge trimmer?
- Slide the blade lock lever forward toward the front handle.
- Press the stop switch into the interlock position.
- Press down on the throttle trigger interlock lever, squeeze the throttle trigger and hold it in that position.
- Press in the starting throttle lock.
- Place the unit on the ground and remove the blade scabbard.
Keeping this in consideration, how do you adjust the carburetor on a Stihl hedge trimmer?
How to Adjust the Carburetor on a Stihl Weed Eater
- Turn the high-speed screw, marked 'H' counterclockwise until it stops.
- Tighten the 'L' screw all the way, then turn it one turn counterclockwise to open it.
- Start up the engine and allow it to warm up. The cutting tool will rotate.
- Press the trigger of the machine to rev the engine.
Furthermore, how do you sharpen a Stihl hedge trimmer? Sharpening your hedge trimmer yourself
- Sharpen using a flat file. To ensure long-lasting cutting performance, follow these two steps. First of all, a flat file can be used.
- Remove the burr with a sharpening stone. For the second step, remove the burr from the bottom of the blade using a sharpening stone.
Also asked, how do you maintain a Stihl hedge trimmer?
Hedge Trimming Tips
- Keep it sharp. Sounds obvious, but keep trimmer blades sharp.
- Keep it clean. A blade that is not clean is not efficient.
- Keep it in order. Cut the vertical sides of a hedge first, using an upward and downward sweeping motion and moving forwards along the hedge as you work.
- Keep it safe.
How do you service a petrol hedge trimmer?