Asked by: Admiracion Meenkenasked in category: General Last Updated: 10th March, 2020
How do you size a hot water tank?
- For 1 to 2 people: 30-40 gallons.
- For 2 to 3 people: 40-50 gallons.
- For 3 to 4 people: 50-60 gallons.
- For 5+ people: 60-80 gallons.
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, you may ask, how do I know what size hot water heater I need?
Determine the Size of Your Water Heater
- Look for a sticker on the side of your water heater. It should have the serial number and other information as well as the gallon capacity listed.
- Using a tape measure, measure the height of your water heater from its base to the top. Then measure the width (diameter).
Also, is a 50 gallon water heater enough? A 50 gallon water heater is the most common tank we install. It is such a common size because it can supply hot water for 3 – 5 people. Considering an average shower uses 17.2 gallons of water you can typically have enough hot water for up to five people to take a shower within an hour.
Correspondingly, what is the average hot water tank size?
In the United States where the imperial system is used, water heater capacity is measured in Gallons. The most common capacities being between 40 and 60 gallons.
How much hot water does a 20 minute shower use?
Showering to Savings In an average home, showers are typically the third largest water use after toilets and clothes washers. The average American shower uses 17.2 gallons (65.1 liters) and lasts for 8.2 minutes at average flow rate of 2.1 gallons per minute (gpm) (7.9 lpm).