Asked by: Sanae Periñanasked in category: General Last Updated: 7th June, 2020
How do you roll up a fire hose?
Considering this, how do you roll a fire hose?
How to Unroll & Roll Fire Hose & Take in and Out of Service
- Step 1: Pick Up Hose.
- Step 2: Grab Hose Male Coupler Facing Forward.
- Step 3: Two Fingers Under First Lay of Coupler.
- Step 4: In a Swinging Motion With Hose (ring Finger and Little Finger Holding Second Lay.
- Step 5: Swing in a Bowling Motion.
- Step 6: Release Little Finger and Ring Finger.
Beside above, how do you use a fire hose reel in Australia? Using Fire Hose Reels
- Turn on the stop valve.
- Run out the length of the hose as required.
- Turn on the water at the nozzle, direct the stream at base of fire.
- Ensure you leave a direct egress path between you and the nearest exit door/ egress route.
People also ask, how do you store fire hoses?
When preparing hose for storage, avoid damaging the couplings. Protect the exposed male coupling threads by rolling them inside the hose (or cover them with protective caps). Also, allow the fire hose to breathe. Avoid storing in shrink wrap, plastic bags, or other plastic material.
How long is a fire hose reel?
With a standard fully extended length of 36 metres, Exelgard fire hose reels are designed to deliver a minimum of 0.33 litres of water per second when installed to AS 2441. A control nozzle attached to the end of the hose enables the operator to control the direction and flow of water to the fire.