Asked by: Sinforiano Polopasked in category: General Last Updated: 14th January, 2020
How do you replace a sub cone?
- Step 1 – Getting Started.
- Step 2 – Remove the Speaker.
- Step 3 – Cut out the Cone.
- Step 4 – Remove the Gasket.
- Step 5 – Cleaning the Speaker Frame.
- Step 6 – Buy a New Speaker Cone.
- Step 7 – Making Sure the Cone Fits.
- Step 8 – Apply Glue.
Similarly, you may ask, how do you fix a subwoofer cone?
The cone is made from stiff paper or light cardboard, so it is easily fixed with items that you can find around the home.
- Step 1 – Remove the Woofer. Unscrew and take the woofer out of the speaker box.
- Step 2 – Cut out a Patch.
- Step 3 – Glue the Paper Patch.
- Step 4 – Glue the Other Side of the Crack.
Also Know, can you repair speaker cones? Speaker cone repair Sometimes it can be possible to obtain and fit replacement cones. If no other method is available one last ditch method to save and repair the loudspeaker that has worked well in the past uses a small patch. Most speaker cones are made of paper, and so a repair using some tissue paper works well.
Similarly one may ask, how can you tell if a sub is blown?
Pressing on the subwoofer can indicate whether it's blown. A functioning subwoofer has suspension that allows for movement. Use both hands and gently press on either side of the subwoofer's speaker cone. If the cone is rigid or locked in place, the subwoofer is definitely blown.
Can subwoofers be repaired?
To fix your blown subwoofer you'll need to take it out of your car, fix or replace any damaged parts, and glue/wire it back together. This process can range from easy to very difficult, depending on the problem.