Asked by: Sirats Jaularasked in category: General Last Updated: 8th June, 2020
How do you remove a Schlage lock cylinder?
Just so, how do you remove a Schlage cylinder without a key?
How to Rekey a Schlage Without a Key
- Use lock-picking tools legally to unlock your own door.
- Use a paper clip to firmly press into the knob hole, located on the side of knob.
- Separate the cylinder housing and use the retainer ring tool in the re-keying set to remove the retainer ring.
Similarly, does Home Depot rekey locks? In most cases your local Home Depot can rekey new locks to match your old key. If you have Schlage or Kwikset brand locks this is an easy process. In most cases your local Home Depot can rekey new locks to match your old key. If you have Schlage or Kwikset brand locks this is an easy process.
Secondly, how do you reset a Schlage Key?
- Insert the reset key for the current bitting.
- Rotate the plug to the 11 o'clock position.
- Remove the reset key and insert the reset key for the desired bitting.
- Rotate the plug back to the 12 o'clock position and remove the reset key.
- Test the new working key.
How do you get all locks keyed the same?
To get your locks re-keyed, visit your local locksmith to have them do it for you. Or, just ask the store you're purchasing the locks from to re-key the lock to one you may already own. It's a process that should only take a few minutes.