Asked by: Maximina Canelaasked in category: General Last Updated: 20th April, 2020
How do you prune a Green Giant arborvitae?
Click to see full answer.
Furthermore, how do you take care of a Green Giant arborvitae?
How to Care for a Thuja Green Giant
- Select an appropriate planting location for your Thuja Green Giant tree based on its growing requirements.
- Plant your tree in rich, moist, well-draining soil at the same level it was planted in its nursery container.
- Water your Thuja Green Giant tree regularly to keep its soil nice and moist.
Likewise, how do I make my arborvitae thicker? How to Get Arborvitae Thicker
- Check your arborvitae's growing conditions to make sure they are ideal. Arborvitae needs full sun, nutritious soil and ample water.
- Prune to let more light in. Your arborvitae's bushy top growth may be preventing light from reaching its lower branches.
- Fill in thin spots.
Similarly, it is asked, how far back can you trim arborvitae?
The best time for pruning arborvitae shrubs, generally speaking, is late winter or early spring. If you are using them in a hedge, you will perhaps want to shear them in late spring or early summer as well (keep the top of the hedge narrower than the bottom, so that the lower branches receive sufficient sunlight).
Can arborvitae be topped off?
Arborvitaes do not need to be topped. Pruning the top off an arborvitae halts vertical growth and creates a large, unsightly area lacking green needles.