Asked by: Perpetuo Raventosasked in category: General Last Updated: 31st March, 2020
How do you price furniture at a yard sale?
- Write prices on masking tape or stickers.
- Put up a sign designating different color stickers for different prices (e.g. red is 25¢, yellow is 50¢, etc).
- Sell items in bundles (e.g. $1 each or five for $4).
- Price items between 10 and 30 percent of their retail value [source: Garage Sale Source].
People also ask, how much should you charge for clothes at a yard sale?
Adult Clothes: $3 to $5 will work for most pants, shirts, sweaters, and the like. If it still has the original price tag and is unworn, up the price. Baby Clothes: $1 to $3 is a good range for gently used clothing, though you can drop it to 50 cents for those that have seen more use.
Also Know, what sells at a garage sale? 12 Garage Sale Items That Sell Like Hotcakes
- Gently used clothing, in good condition. Everyone needs clothes, and savvy shoppers know you don't have to pay retail to look good.
- Vintage dishes, glassware, and casseroles.
- Garden tools.
- Shoes and handbags.
- Costume jewelry.
- Games, toys, and bicycles.
One may also ask, how much do you sell books for at a yard sale?
Garage sale pricing suggestions
- Hardcover books: $1 (paperbacks, two for $1)
- CDs: Two for $1.
- DVDs and Blu-Ray Discs: $1 for older films or shows, $2 for newer ones.
- Tech (smart home devices, TVs, speakers, video game systems, computer screens, etc.
- Mainstream brand-name clothing: $5 to $15.
- T-shirts: two for $1.
How do you price costume jewelry for a garage sale?
50 cents to $2 is appropriate for items of costume jewelry. Gold, sterling silver, and vintage costume jewelry in good condition might be items that you take in to a shop to be sold days ahead of the yard sale. Otherwise, be prepared to sell at a loss.