Asked by: Alim Theewenasked in category: General Last Updated: 11th February, 2020
How do you paint plastic chrome trim?
- Remove the part from the car if possible.
- Use the gray scuff pad to scuff the chrome on the entire part.
- Spray primer on the part using three thin coats.
- Spray four thin coats of paint on top of the primer and allow each to dry.
In this regard, does Chrome paint stick to plastic?
The "chrome" on the grilles are just painted plastic; media blasting would be best, but you can scuff and prime just like any other painted plastic surface. Pretty sure its plated and not chrome paint.
Furthermore, how do you paint plastic car trim? How to Spray Paint Plastic Trim on a Car
- Sand the plastic trim pieces using 400-grit sandpaper.
- Place masking tape and paper around the trim pieces to keep paint overspray from getting on the surrounding surface of the car.
- Spray three to four thin coats of paint on the trim pieces.
Additionally, what paint will stick to Chrome?
To paint over a chrome surface, start by sanding it so the paint is able to stick to it. Then, wipe down the chrome surface with wax and grease remover so it's clean when you paint it. Before you apply any paint, add 2 coats of two-part epoxy primer, allowing the primer to dry after each coat.
Can you chrome plastic?
Plastic chrome plating Like metal, plastic can also be chrome plated. The plating company will coat your part in layers of nickel and copper before it then applies the chrome. This process can only be used with rigid plastic parts since flexible plastic may erupt in stress fractures during the process.