Asked by: Helenio Gilbertoasked in category: General Last Updated: 5th May, 2020
How do you organize a small basement?
- Purge any seldom-used item that you can borrow from someone else.
- Avoid storing anything in the basement susceptible to mildew.
- Create an ideal storage space by cleaning and painting.
- Work on waterproofing the basement for more versatility.
- Keep the basement smelling good with a DIY deodorizer.
Simply so, how do I organize my unfinished basement?
With unfinished basements, your storage options are wide open. One clever idea is to add wire shelves to your ceiling.
A few other basement storage ideas to consider:
- Clear plastic cubbies.
- Wooden crates.
- Wire baskets.
- DIY wooden shelving.
- Pegboards for tools and supplies.
- Plastic tubs.
Subsequently, question is, how do you decorate a small basement? 8 Small Bathroom Decorating Tips From Joel Bray
- Layer Your Lighting. Start by installing pot lights on the ceiling throughout the entire space for a good base level of light.
- Paint Walls White.
- Minimize Contrast.
- Choose One Type of Flooring.
- Paint Out Brick.
- Build In Storage.
- Don't Forget Art.
- Consider Natural Materials.
Similarly, how can I build the most of my small basement?
7 Ways to Make the Most Out of Your Basement
- Create a Den. One of the best ways to make a basement cozy, is by crafting it into a den.
- Install a Wet Bar or Kitchenette. Adding a small kitchen or kitchenette is another good way to optimize your basement living space.
- Add a Bathroom.
- Add Warmth With Cozy Decor.
- Heated Flooring.
- Hobby Space.
What should not be stored in a basement?
Always think before you stash, and never store these 10 things in your basement.
- Antiques. 1/11.
- Memories. 2/11.
- Clothes. 3/11.
- Firewood. 4/11.
- Food. 5/11.
- Important Papers. 6/11.
- Fire Hazards. 7/11.
- Vitamins and Medications. 8/11.