Asked by: Benaisa Spiessasked in category: General Last Updated: 4th April, 2020
How do you match existing ceramic tile?
Thereof, how do you match old ceramic tile?
How to Find Replacement Ceramic and Clay Tiles
- Contact the manufacturer. If your tile is fairly new, you can try contacting the manufacturer to see if the tile is still available.
- Search online or in a phonebook. If the tiles were laid a long time ago, it may be hard to find a match.
- Mix and match new and existing tile.
- Visit architectural salvage stores.
should all the tile in my house match? Just because homeowners use the same color of tile throughout the house does not mean they need to use the same size of tiles. For instance, homeowners may choose large tiles for the floor, but small tiles for the walls. Using the same color accents the difference in size and makes it even more of an artistic addition.
People also ask, how do you match bathroom tiles?
Same Color, Different Tiles
- white tiles subway ones on the walls and hex penny tiles on the floor for a soothing and calming look.
- white marble tiles graphic ones on the floor and square ones on the walls create a harmonious and cohesive space.
How do you match discontinued tile?
If you're unable to find a match for the tile locally, check sites that buy and sell discontinued tile. If you still haven't figured out the name of the tile, look for pictures of similar tile on the site; if you do know the name, search by the name of the tile or manufacturer.