Asked by: Leida Pettersonasked in category: General Last Updated: 12th May, 2020
How do you maintain a gas golf cart?
- Inspect the engine for any signs of oil leaks.
- Regularly check engine oil levels and change oil at proper intervals.
- Check and adjust valve clearance on motors that allow it.
- Inspect drive, starter, and generator belts for excessive wear.
- Check starter belt tension.
Simply so, what kind of gas should I use in my golf cart?
Golf cart manufacturers recommend running only 87 octane gasoline. If you are located in a high altitude level, or running your golf cart under high loads or heavy use you may benefit from a higher octane gasoline.
Subsequently, question is, how often should you change the oil in a golf cart? E-Z-GO recommends that owners change the engine oil every 125 hours of operation or a minimum of twice a year. To keep your cart in the best condition possible, follow the instructions in your owner's manual as well as the tips provided in this guide on how to change golf cart oil.
Thereof, how do you winterize a gas golf cart?
How to Winterize a Golf Cart
- Replacing the fuel and air filters.
- Changing the oil and filter.
- Removing the old spark plug, pouring a half-ounce of clean oil in the hole and installing a new plug.
- Draining the fuel tank and running the engine until it stops in order to remove gas from the system as old gas can gum up the fuel lines.
How can I make my gas golf cart go faster?
6 Ways You Can Make a Golf Cart Faster
- Add More Torque to Your Golf Cart.
- Upgrade Your Golf Cart's Motor.
- Improve the High-Speed Controller of the Cart.
- Add Better Golf Cart Tires.
- Use a Higher Powered Golf Cart Battery.
- Watch the Weight in Your Golf Cart.