Asked by: Yamil Inesasked in category: General Last Updated: 14th February, 2020
How do you kill mold with vodka?
- Pour the vodka into a glass spray bottle like this one.
- Spray the affected area with the vodka.
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Spray the area a second time and scrub away any visible mold.
- Wipe away the remaining mold spores with a damp rag.
Click to see full answer.
In this regard, does vodka get rid of mold?
1. Kill mold and mildew. Eliminate nasty mold and mildew in your bathroom using vodka. Let it work its vodka magic for about 10 minutes, then scrub away the musty gunk using a rag or sponge.
Similarly, is alcohol or vinegar better to kill mold? Bleach and vinegar can both kill mold, but vinegar is much more effective for removing mold from porous materials. This is because bleach only kills mold spores on the surface of affected materials. Vinegar will penetrate porous materials and kill the mold at the roots.
Also, can alcohol kill mold spores?
Isopropyl alcohol may be intermittently effective against fungus but it is not effective against fungal spores. Treatment of mold and fungus is generally considered a problem of moisture and humidity. Bleach and hydrogen peroxide are more commonly associated with remedying mold and fungus outbreaks.
Does vinegar kill mold spores?
A: Both distilled white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide will do an effective job of killing mold spores in porous materials. Bleach can only kill mold on non-porous surfaces, as it does not penetrate porous surfaces; so mold roots are left to grow again.