Asked by: Iffat Lodterasked in category: General Last Updated: 10th January, 2020
How do you insulate around soffits?
Beside this, do you insulate soffits?
To answer simply: no, your soffits should not be insulated, and there is a chance that your insulation has been damaged by this.
Subsequently, question is, how do you seal soffits?
- Place a tube of exterior silicone sealant into a caulk gun and lock it into place.
- Position the caulk gun at the corner of the soffit where it meets the back of the house.
- Run a bead of caulk back along the house on the exterior between the soffit and the edge of the front of the house.
Then, how do you keep insulation in soffit vents?
How to Keep Blow-in Insulation out of Soffits
- Lay strips of 3/4-inch plywood that are at least 24 inches wide across the floor of the attic.
- Set the baffles inside the attic opening along with a loaded staple gun.
- Remove any blow-in insulation that covers the soffit vent with your gloved hand.
- Install the remaining vent baffles as you did in the previous step.
Do you need soffit vents with spray foam?
Yes indeed. One of the biggest benefits of using spray foam is to get greater airtightness. That means you get rid of all attic ventilation, whether it's passive (ridge, gable, soffit vents) or active (fans). This particular attic already had enough air leakage from poorly installed spray foam.