Asked by: Nele Swensonasked in category: General Last Updated: 12th May, 2020
How do you install an undermount sink with clips?
- MEASURE SINK OVERALL AND INSIDE, THEN CHECK IT TO THE CUTOUT TO DETERMINE BEST PLACEMENT FOR THE MOUNTING STUD HOLES. [00:38]
- USE BLACK MARKER TO LAYOUT HOLE LOCATIONS AND DRILL HOLES ABOUT 3/4" DEEP USING A 3/8" DIAMOND CORE BIT ON A ANGLE GRINDER. [00:55]
- FINISH OFF BY SEALING WITH SILICONE AND TIGHTEN CLIPS TO FASTEN THE NEW SINK. [01:58]
Thereof, do undermount sinks need clips?
PERFECTLY SECURE YOUR SINK: Sink clips provide stability to anchor any undermount sink in place! Use On Undermount Kitchen Sinks & Undermount Bathroom Sinks. EASY TO INSTALL: NO DRILLING or SCREWING into countertop or cabinets preventing any chance of damaging, cracking or splitting. No special tools needed.
Beside above, are sink clips necessary? Yes,,you do have to have clips, doing that without them is asking for trouble. Elkay makes extra long clips. Even in this little hick town the local plumbing supply shop had them in stock. Most any retail plumbing store will have these and I think most are universal such that they will fit most any sink make.
In this manner, how do you undermount a sink clamp?
- Position the sink face down on a flat surface or the countertop.
- Turn the sink upright.
- Align the front and edge of the rim with the front edge of the countertop so the spacing is uniform.
- Insert the hooked tabs on the drop-in clamps into the slots on each clamp-tab.
Is Silicone enough to hold an undermount sink?
No, caulk is not to be used as the adhesive to hold the sink to the stone. Most undermount sinks come with very clear written installation instructions. Every set of instruction I have seen calls for a bead of clear silicone caulk to be placed around the flat lip of the undermount sink.