Asked by: Ireneusz Berchtasked in category: General Last Updated: 11th March, 2020
How do you hook up two washing machine drain hoses?
- Twist the water valve knob on the laundry room wall clockwise to shut off the flow of water to the washing machine.
- Unscrew the brass ring on the hose end from the wall pipe, using the pliers.
- Insert one end of the coupler into the end of the hose and tighten.
Click to see full answer.
Keeping this in consideration, how do you secure a washing machine drain hose?
Insert free end of drain hose A into drain opening of your home. If water valves and drain are built into wall, fasten drain hose to one of water hoses with cable tie B provided (ribbed side on inside). If your drain is a standpipe, fasten drain hose A to standpipe with cable B provided.
Similarly, how do you install a drain pipe on a washing machine? Washer Drain
- Locate a drainpipe to which you can connect the washer drain.
- Cut the pipe with a hacksaw and install a wye fitting or a sanitary tee, depending on the orientation of the pipe.
- Run a length of 2-inch ABS pipe to the wall behind the washing machine.
In respect to this, can you extend a washing machine drain hose?
It is not advisable to extend a drain hose. The drainage system should be brought closer to the appliance, eg extend the plumbing to the washer. The drain pump is designed to pump water to the extent of the drain hose, no further.
Can you have two washing machines?
You can run both washers simultaneously as they fill until a sensor or float says the water level has risen to the set-point. It will just take a bit longer for them to fill if you run them at the same time.