Asked by: Anaisa Groonasked in category: General Last Updated: 3rd May, 2020
How do you hang a mantel on a brick fireplace?
Just so, how do you install a heavy wood mantel on a brick fireplace?
Slide Over Bolts Method
- Locate the studs behind the brick, stone, or faux veneer.
- Drive 1/2in lag screws through each of the studs.
- Have a helper support the mantel while you mark the location of the support rods on the back of the beam.
- Apply construction adhesive into the holes.
- Slide into place, admire, and enjoy!
Similarly, how thick should a fireplace mantel be? Our standard thickness for a plank-style mantel is 3-4 inches; 1/2 log styles are typically 5-7 inches thick at the center.
Herein, what should I hang over my fireplace mantel?
15 Mantel Decor Ideas for Above Your Fireplace
- Mirror. Image Provided by: New Darlings.
- Art. You don't have to be a fine art connoisseur to feature art you love in your home, and above your mantel is the perfect place to show off your artistic taste.
- Family Photos. Image Provided by: Pursuit of Handyness.
- Window Pane.
How do you make a rustic mantel?
- Cut the wood to size.
- Age and distress the wood beam.
- Sand down the mantel.
- Assess the distressed markings.
- Step 6: Stain and apply paint treatment.
- Mark the location of the corbels and cut the board for the bottom of the mantel beam.
- Create the faux brick corbels.
- Attach the corbels to the bottom board.