Asked by: Kayleigh Werlenasked in category: General Last Updated: 19th June, 2020
How do you get braces if you want them?
- You lost your baby teeth relatively early in life.
- Your teeth look crowded or crooked.
- Your jaw shifts or makes sounds.
- You are constantly biting the sides of your cheekor hitting the roof of your mouth.
- You have a difficult time chewing your food.
- You have to breathe through your mouth on a regularbasis.
In this way, can you get braces even if your teeth are straight?
Even if you have mostly straight teeth,moving the jawbone to correct an underbite requiresbraces on both the top and bottom teeth.Alternatively, you could have an overbite, which is wherethe top teeth and upper jawbone protrudeoutward.
at what age braces should be used and why? Patients with orthodontic problems canbenefit from treatment at nearly any age. An ideal time forplacement of braces is between 10 and 14 years ofage, while the head and mouth are still growing and teethare more conducive to straightening.
Similarly, you may ask, why do people get braces?
A dentist usuallyrecommends braces to improve a patient's "orofacial"appearance. Through orthodontic treatment, problems like crooked orcrowded teeth, overbites or underbites, incorrect jaw position anddisorders of the jaw joints are corrected.
How long do you need braces?
Generally, braces have to be worn roughly 18months to two full years. There are some cases when bracesneed to stay on longer.