Asked by: Cyntia Ramoasked in category: General Last Updated: 30th January, 2020
How do you fix code p0087?
- Replacing the fuel filter or screen.
- Replacing kinked fuel lines.
- Removing and replacing the fuel pump.
- Replacing a faulty fuel pressure sensor.
Correspondingly, what causes low fuel rail pressure?
Typical causes for low fuel pressure include a dirty fuel filter, weak pump, incorrect tank venting, restricted fuel lines, a clogged pump inlet strainer and faulty electrical control.
Subsequently, question is, what are the symptoms of low fuel pressure? Signs of Low Fuel Pressure
- Unresponsive Throttle. All cars require proper fuel delivery to their cylinders in order for them to run properly.
- Difficulty Starting the Car.
- Stalling Engine.
- Engine Tuning.
- Check Engine Light Comes to Life.
- Black Smoke from Exhaust.
- Turbo Lag.
- Spark Plugs / Misfires.
Keeping this in consideration, what causes code p0087?
Error Code P0087 is triggered when the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) has detected low fuel pressure (or below the specification commanded to the fuel pump driver module or fuel pump assembly) in its fuel pressure sensor. Low fuel pressure is actually what causes the PCM to activate the Check Engine light.
How do I fix code p0191?
- Replacing the fuel pump.
- Replacing the fuel pressure regulator.
- Repairing any broken, frayed, or shorted wires that lead to the fuel pressure sensor.
- Repairing corroded connector to the fuel pressure sensor.
- Replacing fuel pressure sensor.
- Repairing any vacuum leaks in the engine.