Asked by: Daciano Hlebodarovasked in category: General Last Updated: 11th February, 2020
How do you drain a Jacuzzi hot tub?
- Turn the power to the spa off at the circuit breaker. You don't want the pumps or jets to run while there isn't any water in the spa.
- Next, find your drainage spigot.
- Attach the garden hose to the spigot, being careful not to cross-thread.
- Open the ball valve on your spigot so the water can drain.
Also question is, how do you drain a Jacuzzi with a hose?
How to Drain a Hot Tub With a Hose
- Place the end of a garden hose in the hot tub, dropping it straight down into the water so that it lies on the bottom.
- Turn off the hose, disconnect it from the faucet, and keep it low to the ground.
- Go back to the hot tub and make sure the hose stays at the bottom of the tub as the water level drops.
how do you drain a whirlpool Jacuzzi tub? Insert the new drain into the drain hole in the whirlpool tub. Turn the drain clockwise to thread it into the drain pipe. Grasp the crossbars inside the drain with the pair of pliers and turn it clockwise to tighten it. Remove any caulk that has squeezed out around the drain with a cloth.
Similarly, how do I drain my hot tub for the winter?
- Let the Chemicals Dissipate. Before you drain all the water into your yard or other location, you need to allow the chemicals levels to drop.
- Turn Off the Breaker.
- Drain the Hot Tub.
- Drain The Blower.
- Loosen the Unions on the Pumps and Heater.
- Remove and Clean the Filters.
- Blow Out The Lines.
- Remove the Remaining Water.
How often should you change hot tub water?
We recommend you completely change the water in your hot tub at least once every three months. That's a very general guideline, though. You can get more specific with a little data and yes, some math.