Asked by: Svajunas Ngoasked in category: General Last Updated: 9th April, 2020
How do you do shabby chic paint effects?
Hereof, what kind of paint do you use for Shabby Chic?
Use Rust-Oleum Metallic Furniture Paint as your base layer. Once you are happy with the look of your shabby chic creation, seal the paintwork with Rust-Oleum Furniture Finishing Wax in clear or dark depending on your chosen paint shade for a longer lasting durability.
Furthermore, what are shabby chic colors? Besides white, the shabby chic style also includes soft neutral colors such as sky blue, rose pink and beige tones. Hints from French-style interior design often show in shabby chic homes such as Rococo-style lighting fixtures, furniture or wall paneling.
Additionally, how do you make paint look distressed?
- Prepare Your Space. Start by laying down drop cloths and preparing the area.
- Sand and Clean the Piece. Sand the surface of the piece.
- Paint the Piece.
- Apply Wax and Top Layer of Paint (Optional)
- Distress the Piece with Sandpaper and Steel Wool.
- Apply a Stain (Optional)
- Protect the Finished Piece with Polyurethane.
How do you decorate shabby chic?
Shabby chic decorating ideas for every room of the house
- Mix minimal colour with maximum detail.
- Embrace craftsmanship with artisan picks.
- Create a farmhouse feel using country creams.
- Choose classic rose prints to recreate this lovely look.
- Evoke a farmhouse feel with soft curves and chalky hues.