Asked by: Tanzeela Maksimovskyasked in category: General Last Updated: 29th May, 2020
How do you decoupage a shelf?
- Step 1: Disassemble Shelf.
- Step 2: Trim Tissue Paper to Size.
- Step 3: Make Decoupage Paste.
- Step 4: Apply Tissue Paper to Wet Decoupage.
- Step 5: Trim Away Excess.
- Step 6: Add a Top Coat.
- Step 7: Reassemble Shelf.
Simply so, how do you decoupage a bookshelf?
- Put your bookshelf on top of a drop cloth or large piece of protective plastic film.
- Mix a solution of mild dish soap and warm water.
- Cover the bookshelf with two coats of latex paint if the color is not to your liking.
- Cut out your paper designs with scissors or utility knife.
One may also ask, can you decoupage over latex paint? Latex paint doesn't work well with decoupage. Acrylic paint – like FolkArt or Apple Barrel. Chalk paint – like FolkArt Home Decor Chalk. Spray paint.
Besides, how do you decoupage?
Decoupage: the basic technique
- Prepare surface. Once you have selected your item to decorate, make sure the surface of it is clean and dust free as the varnish magnifies any imperfections.
- Cut out pictures. Select your pictures and cut them out.
- Arrange the pictures.
- Glue the pictures in place.
- Varnish the pictures.
How do you cover a bookshelf with fabric?
Measure one piece of fabric for each section; cut. 3. Spray one side of a piece of foam-core with adhesive. Place a piece of fabric lightly on top and, starting from the center, smooth fabric outward to adhere without wrinkles.