Asked by: Lilli Perolasked in category: General Last Updated: 12th April, 2020
How do you cut out the background of a picture in InDesign?
Keeping this in consideration, how do I cut an image in InDesign?
Create a clipping path automatically
- Select an imported graphic, and choose Object > Clipping Path.
- In the Clipping Path dialog box, choose Detect Edges in the Type menu.
- Specify the clipping path options, and click OK.
One may also ask, how do I remove a background in InDesign 2018?
- REMOVE THE BACKGROUND OF A PHOTO. IN ADOBE® INDESIGN®
- InDesign can be used to remove the background of a photo and create an effect similar to a clipping path if the photo is a TIFF or JPG file.
- SELECT THE PHOTO.
- CREATE A PATH.
- SELECT THE PATH.
- DESELECT AND CUT.
- PASTE INTO.
- TO EDIT THE PATH.
People also ask, how do you cut an object in InDesign?
Cutting Across a Shape With the Scissors Tool
- Select the shape with the Selection tool.
- Click the Scissors tool in the toolbar.
- Move the Scissors tool to the place you want to cut.
- Click directly on the stroke of the shape.
- Move to a different position on the shape and click directly on the stroke of the shape.
How can I remove a background from a picture?
Select the picture that you want to remove the background from. Select Picture Format > Remove Background, or Format > Remove Background. If you don't see Remove Background, make sure you selected a picture. You might have to double-click the picture to select it and open the Format tab.