Asked by: Nirvana Gordibarasked in category: General Last Updated: 15th April, 2020
How do you create a hidden share?
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder you want to share.
- Right-click the folder and select the Properties option.
- Click the Sharing tab.
- Click the Advanced Sharing button.
- Check the Share this folder option.
Click to see full answer.
Furthermore, what is a hidden share in Windows?
Alternatively referred to as an Administrative share, a hidden share is a network share on a Microsoft network that is not visible when viewing another computer's shares. However, it is still accessible if the name of the hidden share is known. Default Microsoft Windows hidden shares.
Additionally, how do I make a shared folder not visible? Under Roles -> File Services, click Share and Storage Management. Select a share and in the right pane, click Properties. Click Advanced and check the box "Enable access-based enumeration." With ABE enabled, anyone lacking permissions to the share will not be able to view it.
Then, how do I find a hidden folder on my network?
Hiding Your Shared Folders
- Select Windows Logo+R (or select Start, All Programs, Accessories, Run) to open the Run dialog box, type the network path for the hidden resource, and click OK.
- In a command prompt session, type start, a space, the network path, and then press the Enter key.
- Map the hidden share to a local drive letter.
What is a share name?
share name - Computer Definition The name of a shared resource such as a file, folder or printer. See share-level security. Computer Desktop Encyclopedia THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.